" We are really seeing lots of miracles here in Sousa"

Date: Mon, Aug 19, 2013
Dear Fam,

This last week was great! We are really seeing lots of miracles here in Sousa. Our english class continues to go well and strong and the students are starting to become more curious about the church and what else we do there. Also, we are working alot with recent-converts to try and find more new people to teach which has been working really well for us. This week we are going to continue these efforts and also try to work more with less-actves to help reactivate them and also find more people to teach. I love this work.

Well I am writing you on tuesday beacuase yesterday we had a mission conference with Elder Claudio M. Costa from the quorum of the Seventy. He is also the Brazil Area President. It was such an awesome experience. He talked about some things we need to do to better our work here on the mission (planning better, teaching with the Spirit, etc.) It was really inspiring and I loved hearing his ideas on new things we can do her ein Sousa. The work is really being sped up and we need to react! We need to open up our minds and believe more and try new things. I have seen that we really have more potencial than we think. Not just missionaries but every child of God has so much potencial, sadly we limit this potencial because we don't believe enough in ourselves and the help we can receive and we need. 

Elder Costa ended the conference talking about his testimony, mainly his testimony of the Savior. It was the most powerful testimony of teh Savior that I have ever heard. It seemed like he actually was there when Christ was on the earth the way he described Him and His suffering. I now understand that the apostles and quorumn of the Seventy are truly special witnesses of Him. It was an amazing experience that I won't ever forget.

After the conference, they chose a few missionaries to have a personal interview with Elder Costa. Well, surprisingly I was one of them! We had an interview at the mission office. It wasn't too long. He just asked a few things about my family and things I learned and we talked a little about my mission. It was really a cool experience though to have an interview with a genral authority! 

Well the work is going great and I am happy. Time seems to fly by faster and faster as I feel like I am becoming busier and busier everyday. But every minute is rewarding and I know this is the work of the Lord.

Well I love you all and miss you guys a lot! I don't know how I got so lucky to have been born into the family I have but I am very grateful!

I miss you guys!

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment