"It is really awesome teaching families"

Date: Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Hello!

Thanks for all the pictures this week! Looks like everyone is doing well and I really like Laurel's new car! I hope the trip goes well. 

This last week was pretty busy but we were able to get a lot done. Our branch seems to be getting more excited about the work and have more union every week! Our branch president taught with us this week a really cool family. They were a referall from another member. Sadly, they aren't married and the wife has been trying for 8 years to get a divorce so that she can re-marry! They are an awesome family though and I feel the Spirit really strong when we are at their house. They have two kids, one daughter who is 10 years old and another boy that is 7. He is really shy and hides behind the door when we go to their house! It is  really awesome teaching families though. I love seeing families embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We are trying new ideas to find new people to teach always. I am playing piano at the district conference that will be on the 30th of september. It is crazy how it is already september! I don't really like thinking about how close i am from coming home! It's a little scary! 

One of our recent converts bore his testimony yesterday! I must admit my heart sunk when I saw him going up to the pulpit because I was afraid he might say weird things because he is so new in the church but it was really an awesome testimony! He is a really humble man with a strong desire to serve Christ. He only has one pair of sandals and he has to have a cord on the sandals from not falling off his feet because he can hardly move his toes because he injured his leg. He is a strong example to me though and I love seeing his faith.

Well I will start trying to note things down that happen during the week because I forget alot of things when it comes to send email!

I hope you have an awesome week! I love you and and miss you so much!

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment