"The gospel is the only way to true happiness."



Date: Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 6:15 AM


Ola!

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the picture of that display mom! I was actually telling my companion about that because it is one of my favorite christmas decorations in the house every year! Can you guys send me a picture of the tree? And about skype, as of right now our day is pretty flexible. I think almost any time during the day would work. I was thinking of calling around 3 o´clock which would be like 10 o'clock there. Just let me know what works best. I wanted to call early because I thought everyone would be at home including Mel and Jake but I guess they won't be there this year. But I can skype them seperate after I skype with the rest of the family. Just figure out what time on Christmas would be best for you guys and for Mel and Jake. I will plan on calling around 3 o'clock my time which is like 10 o'clock there. So if this time works for you guys let's just keep it at that! But if there is a better time just let me know and I'm sure there won't be a problem.

That's too bad about Todd's Dad. I hope they are doing alright. I'm glad the service went well.

This week was pretty good for us. We have a young man who is investigating the church. He already has a friend in the church and is making good friendships with some of the youth in our ward. He is kind of attending another ward more than ours though and we are trying to stress the importance of attending the ward in which you live. He is an awesome young man and is starting to realize more that he needs to come to our ward. He already knows alot about the church and is already has church clothes and everything. It is neat to see his progress. 

Also, there is another man who is attending our ward who has a sister in our ward. He grew up catholic but he said it's been awhile since he's gone to church. We had a lesson with him on sunday and he told us that he is really liking the church. He likes how we talk alot about families. It seems like he feels a little guilty maybe for some things he has done. It is so cool to be able to respond to his doubts that we know that anyone can change and be clean from sin. That God doesn't care much about who you were, but rather who you are and who you can become. The gospel is the only way to true happiness. Through the gospel we receive a remission of sins, a happiness that fills the gap of what was once sadness, and a confidence that replaces feelings of guilt and shame. I am grateful to have the gospel in my life.

We had a ward christmas party this weekend (see photos). It was really fun and we had a good turnout. There were quite a few investigators there as well so will we have to try and visit them this upcoming week because it seems like they all really liked the activity. 

Well I don't have much more time but I miss you all and love you! 

I hope this christmas season is going great for you all. I love christmas because of the chance we get to remember Christ. He is our Savior and offers us the hope of happiness and confidence even after we may have made wrong decisions. He is forgiving and loving and is alwayswilling to help us if we come to him. He has shown the way and provided the necessary conditions upon which we can acheive our eternal goals.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Love, 

Isaac

P.S. Only 8 more days until Christmas!

Pic #1: Santy and I!
Pic #2: Elder Wanderson, Jeferson, Edcarlos and I
Pic #3: Brother Pablo and I (He is from Peru and is a very good musician. He is a really great guy, I can see why Dad loves Peruvians so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment