Merry Christmas!






Date: Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Merry Christmas!!!

Feliz Natal! I can't believe Christmas is already here! Thanks for the great quotes and message Dad, sounds like the Christmas festivities are going well! I can't wait to talk to you guys tomorrow and hear how it everything goes. Those times will work well for me so I will try to call Mel around 10 AM your time and call the rest of you guys around 11AM. 

This week has been pretty busy. We had lots of activities and also our mission Christmas conference. It was alot of fun. I made cinnabon popcorn, it turned out really well actually! Alot of people liked it.

Other things that happened this week, me and my companion started a new form of contacting. I picked up a rock on the side of the road, the game is whoever has the rock has to keep it in their pocket and start the next contact and so if you don't start the contact then the rock stays in your pocket. Also your companion chooses a word to use during the contact. It has proven pretty efficient  Of course if you don't have the rock but feel like you should talk to someone you can certainly start a contact, but it is just a fun way to try something different. 

Also, I usually leave my shoes outside of the door, I think I should stop doing that. I went to put on my shoes the other day and I felt something in there, I looked into my shoe with fear, only to find a weird worm kind of thing in my shoe. It was disgusting. I will definitely need to change my form of putting my shoes on.

I got your email that you sent about Preach My Gospel to the missionaries in my mission. i liked the message on charity and chapter 6 is one of my favorites. It helps us be more powerful examples of Christ and missionaries through our own examples.

I was studying the birth of Christ today and came across a few scriptures that I liked. One being, '' And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...'' - John 1:14 and also ''...Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.'' - Isaiah 7:14 These are really simple simple scriptures but I like them because they are solely about our Savior. The reason we have hope for a better life. 

Well I don't have much time but I just wanted to share some modifications I made to christmas songs. I like to sing sometimes christmas songs in my head to get me in the christmas spirit, but I had to change some lyrics to match with my environment. 

To the tune '' White Christmas''

I'm, having, a hot, Christmas!
Just like the one I never had

There are trees of coconuts 
and children going nuts
to play, soccer in the streets!


To the tune ''Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays'' by N'Sync

The heat is burning,
it's time to put on sunscreen,
The coolest thing in the place is listerine

Celebrating, this special time of year,
constant sweat 'cause heat is in the air!

And all the sweat will show
and everyone will know,
you are a gringo

I love this season ya,
time for servin' and lovin' 
The Spirit of Christmas is present in this oven!

Well yes my raps are still cheesy, but that's okay.

I hope you guys have a great Christmas! Love you all! Can't wait to talk to you guys tomorrow! 

Love,

Elder Smith

Pic #1: I put a new sole on my shoes, they turned out nice!
Pic #2: All the desserts at our christmas conference (mine is at the bottom)
Pic #3: Me and our nice little christmas tree!
Pic #4: A different view
Pic #5: The old sole!

No comments:

Post a Comment