"I love teaching about about the birth of Christ"






Date: Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Ola família!

Thanks for the christmas envelope! I only opened the envelope and I am being patient with the packages. I really liked the christmas tree you guys sent and the movies. Thank you so much!

That's a cool picture you guys took with the drummer boy. I remember going to that christmas celebration last year, it is way cool! Thanks to the envelope you sent and the movies I am starting to feel the christmas spirit alot! We have been sharing a christmas message with alot of investigators and some members to help remind us all about the true meaning of christmas. We have been using that film Joy to the World. It's a good one. That trip you guys took sounds awesome too! I really like church history and it would be cool to see those places some day.

This past week and a half have been a little difficult  We have been struggling to find new investigators and to help our investigators progress. There are quite a few good investigators in our area but it seems like each one is just has a little problem that is keeping them from progressing. I have learned on my mission that everyone has difficulties. Even people who seem to be perfect or have the perfect life have dificulties. Heavenly father does this to strengthen us as we work through these difficulties and turn them into strengths. 

On sunday, we went to the other ward that meets in our building during the morning and there was a visitor there that had lived in Florida for 6 years. His name was Junior and was way excited to speak english with me. I tried explaining to him the Plan of Salvation and I did it in portuguese because it is easier for me but he wanted me to speak english. Surprisingly it was pretty hard to teach in english because I am so used to portuguese! He is a great guy though and the missionaries in his area are going to keep visiting him. 

Well less than two weeks until christmas and skype! I am pretty excited. A little scared because from the pictures I've seen Nat has grown a ton. But Dad, can you make sure my skype name works still and if not can you create a new one? my username is smith.isaac29 and password is bizik29. Thanks!

I hope you all are having a great holiday season. It is alot different celebrating christmas as a missionary. Not many lights or christmas shows but I do love teaching about about the brith of Christ and about this special time of the year. (Wow I sound so missionary!)

Have an awesome week! I love you all and hope everything is going great at home! 

Oh and we had transfers today but I will be staying here in Geisel with Elder Wanderson. I am excited because I love this area and these people!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!  (Oh how I miss N'SYNC christmas CD!)

With lots of love this holiday season,

Isaac

Pic 1: A dead dried up toad we saw on the road!
Pic 2: Thanks for the envelope!
Pic 3: Picture from a church acvitity. Bounce the pencils in the cup!
Pic 4: Picture from church activity. My companion trying to shake off a cotton ball from his nose. We put vaseline on our noses first.
Pic 5: Our friend Jeferson doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment