"I knew, with greater conviction, that what I was teaching was true."

Date: Jan 7, 2013 6:45 AM

Hello!

Sorry I don't have too much time today, but thanks for all the pictures and stuff, looks like a lot of fun times! I'm glad Laurel is safe, I'm sure it was a pretty big scare. 

Thanks to everyone for the christmas gifts! I got Andrea's and Grandma's package this week. I will send some thank you cards but just wanted to say thanks for everything! You all made christmas real special.

Happy Birthday Mom! Sorry it was delayed, but I hope it all went well. Looks like Nolan and Paige had fun!

This week was pretty hard. At the beginning of the week I was a little down because our days weren't as productive as I would have liked. We were struggling to find people to teach and struggling to teach lessons. I was praying that Heavenly Father would help us in the work so we could be able to have more productivity throughout the week. It turned out being one of the best weeks we've had. And wednesday, we had splits with some brother's in the ward and we got a lot done there as well. It was cool to see some new ways to teach and do the work as some of the brother's in the ward showed me. I think doing something different gave us a refreshment for the rest of the week. We are going to try and start doing splits more often.

We have some investigators that are progressing well right now. Quite a few made it to church sunday and they really liked it. Our ward got switched to 9 AM in the morning and so I think it will be easier for some people to make it because in the afternoon usually it's kind of busy for investigators. One of our investigators has a son on a mission and she is really liking the church. I'm not sure why she wasn't taught before, maybe she was.

I was also trying this week to gain a better testimony of the work and the gospel. This weekend, we taught a less-active family. As we were teaching the Plan of Salvation, the Spirit was really strong and I knew, with greater conviction, that what I was teaching was true. We talked about families and our purpose here on the earth. It was a great experience.

Well I hope all is well back home. Sounds like everyone is in good health. I made a mango juice today. It is pretty hard to work with the mangos, they get all slippery when you try to cut them. I ended up just cutting one edge off and squeezing super hard. It turned out good! I think I might start a juice diet because the fruit is so good here! And the blenders use 220V power so they are really powerful and it's easy to chop stuff up.

Well I hope you all have a great cold week! Sometimes I put a wet rag in the freezer and put it on my neck or on me when I go to bed to remind me of the cold. Then I turn on the fan and it feels way good. 

I miss you all and love you guys! I'm glad things are going well back home. Thanks for all the pictures and the support. You have no idea how much it actually means to me.

Tchau for now!

Elder Esmeech

P.S. I have been waiting like almost two months to send Mel's card, then I finally went to send it and I only had her old address. Can you send me her new address?

P.S.S. Can you send me a crepe recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment