"One cool experience that happened this week...'

Date: Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Hello Family!

I am very excited to talk to you al on Christmas! 7 PM it is then! I have already talked to the member who has skype where we will use it. 

Well I guess I don't have too much to tell you since I'll see you on skype in a couple days but one cool experience that happened this week was that we went to visit a referral that we had gotten from a member from another ward. They said there was someone at the house that just spoke english and not portuguese. Well we went there and we met an awesome family. There a woman that lives with them, she is from Ukraine and is dating a guy here in Brasil. She speaks Ukrainian, Hebrew, russion, english and polish. It turns out that she actually has knwon of the church for quite a while now and she wasn't able to join because of the laws of her country and a family who has totally different religious backgrounds but she loves the church and went to the ward christmas party on saturday. I think she liked it because there a quite a few members in our ward that speak english as well and so she got to know lots of people. It is interesting teaching in english but I am excited to see her progress. Elder Adams and I are having a little trouble speaking english perfectly with her but its good practice for christmas day when we talk to you guys! It was funny because she had a hard time believing we were from the US because we didn't speak super smoothly. 

Other than that things are going well. We are teaching another amazing family who is progressing really well and the ward is really integrating them good. We are working with them so that they can get married but they are very excited about the church and love the changes that are happening in their lives.

Well I love you all and I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas! Merry Christmas!

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment