"When we work together..."

Date: Oct 28, 2013 9:54 AM

That is a cool story about those missionaries! I love seeing missionaries try new ideas. Here our mission president is starting a new program where every member needs to give a Book of Mormon to a friend before the end of the year. In Elder Russsel's talk he said that every member should reach out to at least one member before the end of the year and I am excited to see the fruits of the new program. We are really trying to help the members work alongside the missionaries. When we work together, we find more people to baptize and those that are baptized have a much higher chance of staying active in the church. 

This week we will be traveling to a different part of Natal to do some companion exchanges with another zone. I didn't used to like copmanion exchanges to be honest but I have learned to love them and they can be a very powerful tool to help missionaries who are needing help. 

This last week I got to work alot with my companion in my area, Elder Olsen. he is from Las Vegas and is a very awesome missionary! He really is inspiring, he talks to everyone and invites everyone to church! We found some really cool new investigators just by simplying going to some of the recent-convert's houses and teaching the people that were there or visiting their neighbor's with them. Our ward is amazing! The members are all excited to do missionary work and they love inviting people to go to church. This sunday while we were waiting to catch a bus to church, one of the members starting doing contacts with the people on the street inviting them to go to church with us! It was really awesome!

Well I am loving my mission. I know this is where i need to be and I know my time is short so I will continue doing my best! I love you all and miss you!

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment