Moroni 9:6

Date: Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM


Sounds like a great week! Oh I thought mom said that you and Jake went hunting! My bad! But that's awesome you can see the streets of Sousa. My address is djaci marques pinto #16 - centro. I think if you put this in you should find it. It is a nice apartment complex. or put in ''ribeirão hotel'' because my house is right next to it. I am excited to get some of those pictures. 

Well I haven't seen any dinosaur footprints yet. They have a cool historic site about the dinosaurs here but i haven't found the time to go there yet. And yes I have been traveling for leadership things like interviews and mission conferences and other assignments that President gives to us. But it is fun. Sometimes i think i get more tired traveling than walking on the street all day. They pack a whole bunch of sweaty people in the cars and take off on the freeway. it is weird because even some of the cars that have air conditioning it seems like the brazilians here don't like it because it is too cold or something and they prefer just rolling down the window. I always get so sweaty. I think the record of sweaty people we have had in a car with us is 14. and the cars have about 9 seats. Good times!

 We have had a few dificulties lately with the work. I have learned that the work of salvation is not easy and never will be. But we cannot let up because it is our obligation to do our part and invite everyone to come unto Christ. ''Moroni 9:6'' But I love meeting new people and seeing the desire of the people we teach to learn more and be better. 

This last week the sister here in Sousa asked if Elder Paul and I could give one of their investigators a blessing. Before the blessing he was telling us about how he is bothered by the past and how when he has free time he keeps thinking about the things he had done in his life and how he just wanted relief. My companion gave the blessing and it was perfect. I know he is on the right track to feel free from his sins and return to Heavenly Father. I love being a missionary and helping people repent and feel clean again through repentance and baptism. Also in sacrament meeting a recent-convert said that when he entered in the church he felt relief. he felt like the scripture that says if you are burdened, Christ can make your burdens light and carry them for you. He told about his conversion and about how now he is on the right path. It was really a powerful testimony and he was baptized about two months ago. 

Well I love being on my mission and I know that this is where i need to be right now. I love you and miss you all. Thank you for everything you do. I feel so grateful to have the family that I have.

Love,
Elder Smith

P.S. Hey thanks for the package! I got it this last week and i loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment