"I love waking up everyday with a great purpose to be fulfilled..."

Date: Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Hello family,

Dad went hunting! That is awesome! Did they get anything good? This last week was really crazy here in Sousa, I actually only worked three days in my area and I will be traveling again today at 1 PM to Natal. Lots of traveling and lots of work to be done but we are staying busy and the work is rolling along. Thanks for checking into the license for me. 

Conference was awesome. I really loved how they focused on missionary work. I agree with President Monson that it was one of the best conferences I have seen. I think almost all of the speakers cited Preach My Gospel and talked about how the members can be more involved. The members really felt inspired here and I could see a desire to work more. We had a meeting with the district presidency and they talked about ways we can work together to rescue some of the people who have fallen away and baptized those who have not yet accepted the Gospel. I love this work and I can't imagine anything better I could be doing right now in my life. I love waking up everyday with a great purpose to be fulfilled and big obstacles to overcome. Every day I meet new challenges which help me grow and become what the Lord wants me to be.

I was reading an awesome talk by Elder bednar about the atonement and how through the atonement we can become who the Lord wants us to be. I realize that as I  gain a greater understanding of the Atonement, my desire to do more and be better increases. I loved President Utchdorf's talk about how we should not be hypocrits and critize other leaders or members of  the church. It is so easy to find faults in other but usually we fail to find faults in ourselves. I also loved a talk from the preisthood session that said we need to humble ourselves, be obedient and listen to the Spirit if we want to have success in missionary work. It is so true and I have seen so many examples of this on my mission. I feel a desire to be more humble, obedient and willing to act on the promptings of the SPirit because I know if I do, i will be able to help more people become converted to the gospel.

Well I hope you all have a great week. I miss you and love you! Time is flying by way too fast, I can't believe I will be 21 here in less than a month! 

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment