"I almost don't like air conditioning anymore..."

Date: Sep 30, 2013 7:18 AM

Hello Family,

I am glad you got my box! Ya the juices are really tasty, i love the brown sugar candies too, they are so good! My tastes buds have really advanced Dad, you will be so proud of me when i get back! I eat mushrooms, cabbage, lettuce, onions, beets, and whatever you put on my plate! I feel like I really missed out on a lot of tasty foods over the years because of how picky i was. 

Nat seems like she is doing great now, she said she is playing volleyball and is loving seminary and everything. and thanks for the pictures of the kids, they look way cool in their costumes! I think we are going to have a halloween thing here at the church. 

Well it has been heating up here in Sousa! This was the hottest week it has been here, and there is no escape! I feel pretty used to it now though, I almost don't like air conditioning anymore because it is really cold! We had interviews with our mission president and a district conference this last week. They reorganized the leadership here of the district. I think it will be good for them here. We are pretty close to turning into a stake and so we just need to continue working hard so that our dream can become real!

Our mission president spoke at the conference and said that 50 years when he was baptized, there was only one small branch with 23 active members in the whole northeast of brasil. Now, there are over one hundred stakes and a temple in that same city where he was baptized and had that small branch. It is so great to see how the church can grow and how miracles really happen when we work hard and follow the promptings of the Spirit. These 100 stakes that were created are certainly due to lots of efforts of missionaries and members. 

We are teaching a young man who has changed his life completely. He went to church with his friend who was also an investigator and ever since that first day he has changed completely. after the first meeting that he went to he asked us,''how can i get baptized in this church?'' and ever since that day he has made huge changes in his life and very quickly. I know that anyone can change and follow the gospel if they will just be humble and have a desire.That desire I know comes from the Spirit and I have seen the Spirit work on this young man during these few weeks we have been teaching him.

Well we are working hard and constantly looking for more people to teach and convert. I love it here in Sousa

I love you all and hope you are having a great week.

Papá, voy a hablar mucho español contigo cuando yo llegue en casa por que quero hablar perfectamente. Estaba assistindo una pelicula de la iglesia en español e estaba compreendiendo cuase todo!

Hey Mom,
 Well my license expires on my birthday and so do you think you could check into that to see if you can renew it or get an extension for like 6 months until i get back?

Eu os amamos! Tchau for now!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment