"Why didn't you tell me about this Book before?!'

Date: Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Hello family!

Thanks for all the great news! Sounds like you guys will have a few fun weeks ahead. Too bad a few people won't be able to go to the renion. Family reunions are the best! I am excited for Laurel aswell. 

Well Natalie sent me some pictures from EFY. I am feeling a little weird, I feel like I don't even know her anymore! I hardly recognized my own sister! It's a good thing she put a caption saying that it was her and Abby because if not I think I might have doubted! Ha just kidding but really she is way different! She looks like she has lost some weight, congratulations Nat! I am glad she had a great time at EFY. I loved EFY!

Well this week was pretty awesome, like always, some of the highest of highs and lowest of lows! But we had an awesome experience with a recent-convert, we went to teach him about missionary work and how now that he is a member he needed to help out and introduce his friends and family to the gospel. After leaving a little message with him we did what is called '' Noah's Ark '' where we ask people to say the names of people who they would save if they were Noah and only had like a few minutes to choose the people they loved most to be saved. Then we explain that the church is like the Ark and everyone needs to get in to be saved! So then we go and visit these epople. He put down the name of a friend called Flavio and I asked if we could go visit him and he said ok and so we walked to his house and started teaching him. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted our help. He explained to us how his life has changed because of alcohol and ciggarettes and his expressed his desire to change and get his old life back. That same day we passed by his house going to another appointment and he was sitted outside of his house reading the Book of Mormon. The next day we passed by and he had read like 20 chapters and started explaining everything to us with great detail. He really understands the Book well and his very excited to continue.

Also, while on splits, my companion went with a member to teach some family members of a member of the church who aren't members yet. They had just decided to go there and see if they maybe were interested even though we thought that they probably had already heard about the gospel. Well they went there and started explaining about the Book of Mormon to them. This member's mom is really catholic but on sunday I went to talk to the member about her mom like if she was going to go to church or not and she said that her mom will go next week! Her mom said to her, '' why didn't you tell me about this Book before?!'' The member said she had already tried explaining the church to her mom but it is just now that she is interested and has decided to investigate more. I have gained a really strong testimony that all of us have friends or maybe even family that would give the same response, '' why didn't you ever tell me about the Book of Mormon before?!" if we chose to share this message with others who haven't heard it or accepted it yet. There are so many people who are waited to hear about the gospel. If there weren't, Heavenly Father would be calling so many new missionaries like He is doing. We all need to be a little more diligent in sharing the gospel with others.

I am really enjoying the experiences I am having here on my mission. I know I was called to serve here in Sousa for a reason and that as I try hard to find out that reason and am obedient Heavenly Father will be able to use me as an instrument to bring this work to pass.

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week. I miss you tons! 

Natalie stop changing so fast! It's scaring me!

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment