"I love having a name-tag with the Saviors name..."

Date: Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Como é que vocês estão?

Well this week I met our new mission president! He is so great. He was the manager of church maintanence or something here in Brasil and Sister Soares is a psychaiatrist. (wow my spelling skill has taken a turn for the worst) They are super nice people and I can tell they really have a love for us and for missionary work. They both are a little lost because they just got here and hardly know anything about our mission. But I am excited. We now have to do 140 contacts everyweek while reaching the other standard of excellence goals we had. It is exhausting but fun and I love working!

This last week we saw miracles. We have an investigator who literally let go of all the things he was doing wrong and had a strong desire to be better. We taught him the word of wisdom and the law of chastity on monday and that was the last day he had problems with any of those things. I was him becoming happier and happier each day that he was living the gospel of Jesus Christ more fully and I am excited to see the rest of his progress. 

Sadly we had quite a few investigators who got sick this last sunday and so not too many investigators went ot church. Our musicians we are teaching had to play in two shows saturday night and didn't get home until like 7 in the morning and so things didn't work out well. But we are excited for this upcoming week. We can't let distractoins get us down because this is the Lord's work and we need to always be ready to be His instruents here in Sousa! The work of the Lord is truly hastening. I can feel it so much as a missionary. The memebrs are getting more excited and I feel a greater urgency to talk to everyone I see about the restored Gospel I love having a name-tag with the Saviors name and being able to share my testimony that He lives and His church is here on the earth today. I feel like all we have to do as missionaries is be good examples of Christ and speak the truth. Sure people will mock you and say things but that's okay. At least we are doing our part! 

Well I love you all! Have a great week! 

Sorry I ran out of time and didn't even realize!

MIss you all!

-Elder Smith

My new address is:

Missão Brasil Natal
Ave. Interventor Mario Camara No. 2066
Dix-Sept Rosado
Natal, RN
59062-600

No comments:

Post a Comment