Happy fourth of July week!

Date: Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Happy fourth of July week!

Thanks for all the letters. The picture of Kadyn and Mary was really cool. It sounds like they are at the MTC at a pretty exciting time! Our new mission president got here saturday and tommorrow Me and my companion are going to Natal to meet himand his wife! I am way excited. I am sure they are just filled with ''fire in the bones'' after their trainings with the apostles this last week. It is truly a great time to be a missionary.

We have seen some amazing miracles in our area this week. We really didn't get to spend a full day of work in our area until thursday because of companion exchanges and showing new areas to new missionaries but still we were able to get alot of work done. One less-active introduced us to a few of his friends who are really awesome. They are both musicians and they play in a band It was so cool because on sunday, we have a goal to always have at least 3 investigators at sacrament meeting. We were frantically trying to get people to go to  church and it just seemed like no one would go. We walked with a guy named adriano to church and then we contniued to search for people! Well Sacrament meeting started and I was pretty sad. fter I played the sacrament hymn though I looked in the congregation and these two musicians had gotten to church and were there in the congregation. I got so happy! Really I never thought I could feel so happy to see people at church! They are really awesome and we are going to continue working with them and their families.

We are teaching a guy about 28 years old and we went to his house and had a mini-lesson with him. We talked to him about hte Book of Mormon and it was really cool to see his desire to read and learn more. Then my companion asked if he had read and he said yes. Then he asked, did you ask if it was true? and he said yes. Then my companion asked, and what was the answer, and he said, ''the answer was yes''. I felt so good inside. He went to church sunday and has a baptismal date for this sunday.

I am really lovng my area, companion, and everything else about the mission. My companion and I get along really well and it really helps in the work! It1sjust too bad he will be leaving at the end of this month! But I have gained a really strong testimony that everything that happens to us is for our personal growth and well-being.

Our mission is split now! I am no longer a missionary in the João Pessoa mission. I am excited and I know that many great experiences still lie ahead. 

Today for P-Day our district is going to do a fourth of july picnic at the chapel and play some frisbee. I'm sureit won't be as fancy as the picnic's back home but that's alright! The fireworks have already started! although they don't have fireworks specially for the fourth of july, last night Brasil beat Spain 3-0 and the was sure a good number of fireworks going on. It was pretty funny because like right after the sacrament meeting we heard,  ''goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!'' and a few fireworks went off. It is crazy how when Brasil is playing, there is hardly anyone on the roads. Everyone is at home watching the game! I love the Brazilian culture. 

Well I love you all and miss you lots. Sounds like alot is going back home and I am excited for you all. Natalie will love EFY. I really am happy I went. She is growing up just way too fast!

Well I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment