"it is stinking hot here!"

Date: Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hello family!

Sounds like you guys had an awesome week. Tell dad happy late fathers day I have a bunch of cards to send (inlcuding oneot dad for fathers day and one ot grandma thanking her for the package she sent me). I hope to get them in the mail this next week or so. Things have been crazy around here this last week.

On Friday, my mission President told me to pack my bags because I would be leaving in the morning to a city called Sousa. I left saturday morning and got here around 5 or so.It is way far from everything and it is stinking hot here. The other city I was in was pretty chilly (75 degrees). I am pretty sure I have changed because I was getting cold and I was studying with my suit jacket,socks and a blanket and it was 75 degrees Here it is much warmer. Luckily it is the winter. If not it would probably be around 120 degrees every day. 

We had normal transfer yesterday ( my transfer was out of the normal). My new companion is Elder Staheli from springville Utah. He is really awesome. We are both excited to get to work! This is his last transfer. Our area is really awesome and the members are super cool. We got a whole bunch of new missionaries here in the zone but I know it will be a fun transfer. Monday night, I had to go to the bus station around 1130 at night to drop off a missionary, then tuesday night we had two missionaries leave around 11 from the house, and last night we went to the bus station two times, the second time we stayed till around 1230 at night. Transfer here in this town are kind of crazy because it is so far but luckily almost everyone has gotten here safely, tonight there will be one more companionship getting here. Lots of new areas have been opening. I think 31 new missionaries got here this week. It is an exciting time to be serving a missionary for the Lord. I really feel the Lord is hastening His work and it is so fun being a part of it and am very excited for Kadyn and Mary.They will be great missionaries. I am excited for Becca too The more missionaries the better! Sunday there is going to be a world wild conference for missionaries and mission president's and President Monson is going to speak to us I am very excited to hear what he will say.

Well this week I had a cool experience with a family we are teaching. The husband has had some great experiences already praying and reading the Book of Mormon. During a leson, we asked him if he knew that Joseph Smtih was a prophet, he said he didn't know yet. Then we asked him if he knew that the Book of Mormon is true. He replied, '' I know that the Book of Mormon is true.'' right when he said that I got so happy! He has already stopped drinking coffee ad now he just is having trouble because he works on sundays.It is really hard to find work here and when you find it, it is hard to not be on sundays. He said he would talk to his boos though. I know that the Lord will help himfind a way to be able to keep the Sabbath Day holy and go to church with his family. His wife as well has a desire to be baptized.

Well I don't have too many experiences here yet. Things are going well. I feel like I get busier and busier with each transfer but that is okay. Time is flying by and I want to take advantage of every minute!

I am officialy a missionary in the Brasil Natal Mission now, well at least in 15 days when the mission opens I will be. But I won't be going back to João Pessoa. Now I can say I served two missions!

I had a funny experience this last week. Two fridays ago our leader came to our area to do an interview and while he was walking super quick on the road he tripped on this rope thing and fell pretty hard on his face. It was funny because when he got to the church He was kind of dirty and so that way funny. But the funnier part was last tuesday when he went on companion exchanges with me in my area and around 8:30 we went to an investigators house and while we were talking to them the wife that lives there said,'' hey aren't you that guy who fell down last week on the street?'' It was hilarious. I think he felt a little embarrassed but it was funny.

Thanks for all your support. I love you guys a lot! I hope everything goes well this week. I'll talk to you guys on monday Miss you

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment