"I love the Book of Mormon"

Date: June 3, 2013

Thanks for the letter mom! Things are going well here in Malvinas.

We had one of our best weeks this last week. I really saw lots of changes in the lives of our investigators and the less-actives we are working with. The ward seems to be getting pretty excited because there were some new faces at church yesterday. We are teaching a less-active who works at a bakery and sometimes makes bread for us. He is  awesome and keeps saying he wants  to stop doing the things he was doing and find a church. It is  great seeing his desire to go to church and his pure intent to follow Jesus Christ.

A few funny things I have seen lately,  A man on the side of the road cutting open a huge lizard animal thing like a foot and a half long and  saying he was gonna give it to his friend because his friend likes to eat them! Also, sometimes they put a lot of people on the motorcyle at one time here, and the other day I say a man and a woman on the motorcycle and the woman was on the back breast-feading her baby as they road down the street. It was  very interesting. 

We have been teaching a really great family lately who lives close to a member. After a few weeks, 2 of their children went to church yesterday! They really liked church and want to continue. I am hoping through their example the whole family can be brought into the church and be an eternal family! 

I have been studying lots of the teaching of Christ lastely. I know he was the son of God and that he died for us. That He wasn't just a very wise man or a great teacher, but literally our Savior and came to the earth to show us the perfect example. I am very grateful to Him for His sacrifice he made. 

On Friday we went to another area to help out the Sister's in our district because they were helping Sisters in another area. We got to teach a man who goes to our ward but lives in their area. It was really good and we read Alma 32  together. I think during the  reading we did, I was better able to understand this chapter better. I was able to think back on my life and how I gained a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon. I remember when I was like 17  or 16 I started reading the Book of Mormon everyday at night before going to bed. It was during this time in my life that I saw true growth and I felt much closer to the Savior. It was through these experiences that I gained a stronger testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon and I then knew it was truly from God. I love the Book of Mormon. I have felt the Spirit the strongest during my mission as I have read the Book of Mormon with our investigators.        


Well I hope you all have an awesome week. Thanks for the recipes. I love you all and miss you lots! Tell Andrea and Abe I will try to get their letters off this week for their birthday! I feel kind of bad but I really just remembered a few days ago that their birthday was coming up because I am so unattached to the world!

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment