"I was born to a family of sisters for a reason."

Date: May 13, 2013 7:17 AM

Hello Family!
Well I am trying not to feel down about the skype call! It's true I guess we were probably just expecting too much! But I am just glad I got to see you guys and hear your voices. Sounds like everyone is doing good and that is a blessing in itself. I miss you guys a whole lot! Sorry if my english was bad, I caught myself speaking a few portuguese words in the middle of talking so that probably didn't help. I felt a little sad because it felt like you guys couldn't understand what I was saying and it was weird to think about that. But I can't complain because I am just lucky to have such an amazing family! I hope mom and grandma and Andrea and Mel had a good mother's day.
I am excited to play tennis with nat when I get back! I have only seen 1 tennis court on my mission and so I am pretty sure I won't be playing tennis until I get home! But I have played some ping pong so the idea is still there.
I really like the ward I am in. The stake president was at church sunday and he talked about how he really wants the ward to grow and how if we work with the members it can happen. I think everyone felt a new excitement to do the work. I really feel a lot of potential with this ward and I am excited to work here. This week is looking to be a really great one. We have some great members who are willing to help and some good areas to work in. Now we just need to keep working hard!
Yesterday, we visited a man who went to church. I felt the Spirit strong while we were teaching him. He accepted to be baptized in June. He needs to get married first. We are going to go back this week and teach his whole family. I love teaching families.
Hey can you guys send me a list with all the cousin awards that were given out? I thought that was pretty awesome!
Well something funny I thought I would tell you guys is that I think I was born to a family of sisters for a reason. In my last 4 transfers it has only been my companion and I and sisters in our district with the exception for one transfers when there was a group of other elders. I thought it was pretty funny. But I enjoy working with the Sisters, they bring a spark to the work and work really hard! I think with all these new sisters going out to the field the work will really accelerate.
Well I love you all and I hope things continue to go well back home. I think about you and love you guys!
Have an awesome week!
I miss you all!
Love,
Elder Smith
P.S. Pretty funny story about the brazilian lady who didn't know who you were looking for. At least Abe was able to speak portuguese, imagine how it would've been if there wasn't anyone to understand her!

No comments:

Post a Comment