Chinese food

Date: Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Hey Mom!
That's way awesome Brady is home. Can you get his email for me? Sounds like he had a great mission from what Dad said. I don't doubt it because Brasil is the best! Good luck on the garage sale shopping! I miss those sweet deals!
Well this week went well. On tuesday one of the Brothers in the ward took us out for lunch. I got pretty excited when he said that we were going to eat chinese food! I thought wow, something different and it has been so long since I have eaten chinese! Well.. I was a little fooled. It was the first chinese food restuarant I have been to that served beans with your meal. It was still tasty though. It was like regular Brazilian food but with different chinese spices. It was good though and I actually really liked it. I just thought it was kind of funny.
Well I really have realized how much I love Brazilians. I love the people who we serve so much. They are all like family to me. Even the old men on the road who aren't really all there or sometimes the drunk guys who try to hug us. I love them all! I really am starting to realize how the short the mission is. After this transfer, I only have 5 left. I can't believe how fast it has gone. I really want to work hard and do my best for the Lord. I want to be able to say at the end, '' I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith''.(somewhere in the Bible)
We have recieved alot of work from the ward which is great! The bishop asked us to take a list of every member in the ward and visit everyone (atleast the ones that we know who don't go to church) and kind of clean out the records because there are alot of people who have moved and stuff. We are going to use this to find new people to teach and also to try and reactivate less-actives. The ward is starting to ''catch the wave'' of the missionary work and it is exciting. I love doing this work and it is even better when the members are there helping you in the battle!
Well I hope you all have a great week. We are working hard to find new investigators and try to baptize part-members families. We are currently teaching five families. I love teaching families. There is nothing better than kneeling down with a sweet Brazilian family and watching the dad say a prayer to bless his family. I think for many of them it is their first prayer with the family and I feel so good to be a part of it.
Well I love you all so much. I hope things continues to go well back home. I pray for you all and hope that life is just going great!
Like a wise man once told me, '' Life is a sponge, soak it up'' - Bryce Woodhouse
Eu sinto-me grato todos os dias por ter uma família tão legal! Eu amo vocês!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment