"My testimony of this gospel is so strong"

Date: Apr 15, 2013 9:43 AM

Ola!

Thanks for the pictures Dad. Looks like you are all having fun and looking great! Mom and Dad you guys actually look younger than I remember! Laurel and Nat have sure changed alot though! I got a package from you guys and also from Laurel this week. Thank you so much! It was such a great gift. You have no idea how much it means to me!

How is St. George? I am actually in João Pessoa today because I had to renew my visa. I will be heading back to Guarabira here shortly though. I actually passed by a little in one of my old areas and it brought back some good memories! 

Well this week we really worked well. We did some splits with some members and found some cool investigators.

We decided to look in the area book for some older investigators to try and contact again. I found a baptismal form of two ladies who filled out the form but weren't interviewed or anything. We felt like we should visit them. It was a mom and her daughter. They received us well but the mom really wasn't super interested. But her daughter was! We gave her a Book of Mormon. She is loving it and has already gone to her friends to share it's contents. She was super excited to go to church and was already planning on a baptismal date. Sadly, some of her brothers and sisters have been saying things to her and her mom and trying to get her to not go to church. One sunday when we passed by to walk with her to church she was all ready and excited but after some talking, her mom would not let her go. I am really praying for her and hoping that this week we can help her continue progressing. She is one of the elect!

On Saturday, we held an open house at the chapel. Sadly, really no one was entering to see the church. So... we decided to grab a few of the table from the church and we moved things outside! We stood in the front of the gate and we put out some manuals and flyers and stuff and talked to people as they walked by on the street, we actually were able to get alot of addresses and we will e following up this week with these people. I love trying new ways to find people to teach. There are so many people waiting to hear the gospel, we just need to find them!

I am grateful for my mission and for the chance to serve. My testimony of this gospel is so strong. I really want to share what I know with others because I know it is the only way to complete happiness in this life and this the life to come. I get sad when people do not accept our message. They don't know what they are missing. But we can't be disouraged and we need to find those that will hear us. 

Thanks for all the support and for everything you guys do for me! I am very excited to skype you all! What time do you guys have church? I want to plan it al out early so everything goes smoothly! 

I love you all! Have an awesome week and thanks for the pictures!

Love, 

Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment