The Lord will truly help those who want to change

Date: Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM


Thanks Dad, This is awesome!

I didn't read what Andrea wrote yet but I will print it out and read later. Looked like alot of fun over there one Mother's Day! Mom I hope you had an awesome Mother's Day! The best Mom deserves the best Mother's Day! I felt like I was just looking through a window, it's so cool. It was really nice to talk to you all and see you, felt too short! But I'm still grateful for it. Were you able to find my area on the map?

Well we have some really cool investigators right now. 2 young men and two Elder's quorum age young men. One young man named Junior is awesome, we found him contacting Saturday. And then received advice from a member to go visit a boy named Junior on Sunday, we had already contacted him! He came to Church and had a great time. We gave him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read and pray. Tuesday we went with a young member to pick him up for seminary (Seminary is at 7PM here). Someone said he was playing soccer. So the young man and a recent convert went on to seminary without. We checked on another appointment then came to check on him and he had already left for the church. We taught him a lesson. He has already read and prayed. He says he wants to be baptized. We will continue teaching him. He is awesome.

Another young man we have taught 2 lessons to. We taught him the Restauration yesterday. He freely accepted to say the closing prayer and prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true, if we have a Prophet, if we have 12 Apostles. SO cool. I asked him to pray later about this (I think) but he prayed then, who knows maybe I asked to pray then, sometimes my tenses get mixed up, but I think not! I'm very excited for him too. 

Other investigator age 20 was drinking like 6 or 7 like bottles/thermos's of coffee a day, he really wants to change and repent. Yesterdy when he went by, hadn't dranken even 1! The Lord will truly help those who want to change and are willing to repent and come to him. 

Well this is a little update, we have another investigator but he is pretty new. We are starting to work with members more and it is really helping with the work. It really helps to have members in the lesson because they know the culture better than us. I can really tell as I begin to let go of myself a little, and care more about investigators and others, the work is going very well and we are becoming happier and happier. I am startng to leran to love the culture and people more and more each day. They are so great!

Well I love you all so much! I have P-Day Monday again after this, this we just for transfers. I am still with my trainers but we have a new companionship in the house, Elder Orr (American), and Elder Da Rosa (Brazilian) they are really nice. Thanks for the pictures Dad! I talk about you so much! I am so lucky for the family I have. I don't know why but to be raised in the family I was and with the Gospel, I feel like the luckiest man on Earth.

I loved the talk Dad, and I agree, Mom is the best! Eu amo vocês! Eu tem saldade para vocês!

Com muito Amor de Brasil,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment