"Sadly, there are no 7-11's here"

Date: 10/16/2012

Hello Family! 

Wow so many new things everyweek! I can't believe Jo Jo is already coming home, I remember writing her a few times on the mission and how she had like six months left and it is already here! And that's way exciting about Cort and Chandler! You'll have to send some pictures. I bet Julie is pretty excited this week. Cool to hear about some of my freinds heading out on the mission, way exciting! I'm glad they are all choosing to serve. The Lord needs missionaries!

Well Mom I didn't receive the e-mail yet, have them try again maybe. I am not sure why I didn't get it. 

Well this week was pretty different than usual. I got an unexpected new companion! Elder Pechel had to resolve somethings at home and left home on wednesday. He was a great elder and I know there are many who will miss him. But he said after he gets everything worked out he can come back. It will be pretty cool if he comes back while I am still here on the mission! But now my companion is Elder Marston. He is from Illinois. He is an awesome guy with a lot of desire to work and be a good missionary. He goes home in December. We get along well and things are going good. 

Yesterday at church was good. It is crazy how in one day on the mission you can feel so happy and sad at the same time. We went to pick-up a less-active member for church. He is having some problems and I know church would help him so much! But he didn't go to church yesterday and I was pretty sad because I know how much happines comes through the gospel. But also, I saw a few new faces at church! We had an investigator there and also a few inactives who are wanting to return came to church. There was a good amount of people there at church and the Spirit was very strong. It was a great meeting.

I think this week will be super busy. We will be working with a lot of less-actives and also with investigators and trying to find more people to teach. Also we have a ward halloween activity saturday. I am pretty excited for the week. 

I was reading in Preach My Gospel today something that caught my eye. It said that as we share the gospel with others, we realize how important the gospel really is in our lives. I thought this to be so true because of the greater appreciation I have gained for the gospel in my life as I have tried to share it. We really see the differences it can make in our lives and the lives of others. The greatest thing we can give is the gift of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Whether we give this gift to investigators, friends, relatives, neighbors, children, it is the greatest gift we can give.

I am grateful for my family and the oppurtunity I had at a young age to learn about he gospel of Jesus Christ and to be raised in a family that holds strong values and teaches the principles necessary for a happy life. 

Well I love you and miss you all! Thanks for everything. You guys are the best. Drink a slurpee this week for me! Sadly, there are no 7-11's here. But that's okay, there are other good things!

Have an awesome week! 

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment