"this work is the work of the Lord"

Date: Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Sounds like a great weekend! 

Things are going well here in Geisel. We found some great new people to teach this week and our investigators are progressing well. I'm glad you made it down there safely in the blurple! That car is one of a kind, I remember I used to beg for a different car because I didn't like it, but now I am very grateful and thank you for keeping me humble Mom and Dad!

Well the family we are teaching has been progressing really well. This week we went there and taught a lesson on repentance and how it can help them change and feel true happiness. Me and my companion sung a hymn at the beggining and the end. The first being in portuguese and the second in english! They really liked it. I will try to send you a picture of them soon. We went there almost everyday this week, one day we asked for all the coffee in the house, we ended up taking three packages! I think she had some still left over from a already opened pack. BUT, it worked! The mom (who was the one with the big problem with coffee) said that since that day she didn't drink coffee! It was so cool to see her exercise the testimony she had. She said the day after we took the coffee was TERRIBLE but now I can see she is much more happy and is proud of herself. The dad has problems with smoking but has diminued alot! He is still progressing and I believe he will be smoke-free this week! I am so happy for them. It is crazy to see how this family who has only begun to gain a testimony is already making such significant changes in their lives based on the testimony they have. They really enjoy the restoration video, they have read parts of the Book of Mormon and have prayed about it and believe it is true. When we went there to remind thme about church Maria the young women was reading and marking in her Book of Mormon! The only sad part is one of their sons isn't really interested but we will keep inviting him to church and stuff!

Church was great this week, I got to see the testimonies of all the great members in our small ward. I could see the strength and desire each one had to be better and grow in the Gospel, no one is perfect, but with a desire to change and a willingness to act, Heavenly Father can make us more than we ever thought was possible. Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to feel the happiness he feels.

Our activity went well this week. We had a rope and blindfolds that went around and into the church. It was a night of the dream of Lehi. We had them walk the course and we explained what had happened after and the significance of this in our lives. I learned alot, especially from a young boy Edcarlos (a young man in the family we are teaching) who would not let go of the bar. He was even kind of sad because not that many people tempted him. But I tried to get him to let go and he wouldn't. He is so awesome. He actually only has one leg but wears a fake one when he goes out. He is way cool.

Our investigator Cibele is doing well, she has been progressing very well, sunday she had a little setback and her mom begged her to stay home because her cousin was there. So she missed church, but I could tell she really wanted to go, just didn't want to disappoint her Mom. But she has a great testimony and I know as she continues she will be a great leader in the church. Her baptism is scheduled for this Sunday.

Well I love you all very much! I learned alot this week, mainly that this work is the work of the Lord. That we are merely instruments in His hands. Our work is to be worthy to be his aid in performing His work. I am grateful to be a part of this work and I hope that I can be a worthy servant in the Lord's hands thoughout my mission. 

Miss you tons! 

Love, 

Elder Isaac Theodore Smith

P.S. The bishop of a ward I attended sunday said that this scripture is the recipe for happiness- Mosiah 2:41

No comments:

Post a Comment