"There is nothing greater than the gospel in our lives"


Date: Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Oi Família!

Como estão? Today was transfers, I stayed in the same area and I am with the same companion! But I am glad because the work is going well and I am really liking this area. This transfer ends the last day of October, 5 days before my birthday! 

Well this week and a half went well, it was very rushed with lots to do. Saturday was way fun, we had a brother in the ward who wanted to do some visits with us so him and his wife took us around and we visited some families. this brother and his wife are so great and loving. They talked alot about how much they loved doing visits and how much we need to show our love for our fellow brothers and sisters. 

Friday we were teaching a lesson to a member. We were teaching inside his house in the living room, but somehow a chicken managed to trample into the house fighting with another chicken. It scared me! And just when I thought I had seen it all...

We have a good group of investigators. There have been a few ups and downs but we are not giving up and we will do all we can to help these people. There is nothing greater than the gospel in our lives. Nothing that brings more true happiness. I wish everyone would accept this wondeful message. But I have learned that we must do our part and hope for the best. 

I love you all! Christmas is just around the corner and I will be skyping with you all in no time! Tell Andrea that a recent-convert sent a message to her strawberry-chic page on facebook. 

I was reading in Alma this week about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's. I thought it was cool how they buried their weapons of war and chose to not fight against the lamanites knowing the lamanites would indeed fight against them. I feel like sometimes we do the same things in our lives. We put up a guard and attack others because they attack us. When in reality it is better show forth an example and help and love those who attack you or criticize you, because generally they are those who are in desperate need of your help. 

Well thanks for the emails and pictures, I miss you all!

Love, 
Elder Smith

P.S. Grandma's suite looks great!

P.S. This picture is a new family in the ward and couple other people, they are so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment